Law of Power - Part II

I believe that this morning, everybody wake up with the feeling of relief, because it’s Friday.
Yeah, even though Friday it’s not the last day God created the world, but for all, Friday it’s the day where we can take our lunch time longer than other day (… it’s not apply for me ..), where we would spend our night life more relax because no meeting to be worried; where the dress code is "smart-casual" and people looks fabulous and gorgeous.

But not for me …, today is the first day I practice the 1st law of power.
Today, I have to present my strategy based on my two weeks observation.
Therefore, as soon as I heard the sounds of cock boast, my brain start with preparing the sentence that I will use when presenting my strategy.

Try to remember the conclusion of the 1st chapter :
Avoid outshining the master. All superiority is odious, but the superiority of a subject over his prince is not only stupid, it is fatal. This is a lesson that the stars in the sky teach us – they may be related to the sun, and just as brilliant, but they never appear in her company
Baltasar Gracian, 1601 – 1658

Therefore, you cannot worry about upsetting every person you come across, but you must be selectively cruel. If your superior is falling star, there is not to fear from outshining him. Do not be merciful – your master had no such scruples in his own cold-blooded climb to the top. Gauge his strength. If he is weak, discreetly hasten his downfall: Outdo, out charm, out smart him at key moments. If he is very weak and ready to fall, let nature take its course. Do not risk outshining a feeble superior – it might appear cruel or spiteful. But if your master is firm in his position, yet you know yourself to be the more capable, bide your time and be patient. It is the natural course of things that power eventually fades and weakens. Your master will fall someday, and if you play it right, you will outlive and someday outshine him.

….. the end of 1st Law of Power – Never Outshine Your Master …


Anyway, it is still Friday, so no matter I have to be a person that it’s not 100 % “me”, I still have to say “Thanks God its Friday” ….. Let’s sing and shake our junk !!!!!


Hm ... I think I have to cancel my "After Office Hour Appointment" with my friend, my driver has to go home early and am too lazy to drive, especially if I have to spend the night somewhere at south of Jakarta.

I think it's better if I just spend it at the cozy cafe, smell the scent of capuccino and have a nice chit-chat ...
or
Just go swimming ... and let my mind relax with the coldness of the water ...

Comments

Popular Posts