A house of mine

I always thought of myself as a house
I was always what I lived in
It didn’t need to be big
It didn’t even need to be beautiful
It just needed to be mine
I became what I was meant to be
I built myself a life
I built myself a house

(from Life as a House)

It’s been more than 2 weeks since the 1st day in 2007, the day where everybody made a statement of their own resolution, when my best friend called me and asked my 2007 resolution.

I was speechless because I just realized that I don’t have a time to withdraw myself and stay in my nutshell. I was busy with my routine, and procrastinated the time that I’ve given to myself.

Until last night, after I read an article of Bill Gates speech when he got the award for his philanthropic work and watch a movie called “Life as a House”, I found the answer of the question.

The answer is I want to build a house of my life, a house where everybody knows by a glimpse that it was mine. A house where everybody can stop by and take a rest before continue their journey. A house painted with colorful picture of the nature and human life. A house that build on the edge of a cliff, where people can see the horizon and listen to the waves of the sea.

I know it’s not easy to build that kind house or difficult. It needs a strength, patient and passion. A long lasting resolution.

Like what George said in that movie “with every crash of every wave, I hear something now. I never listened before. I’m on the edge of a cliff, listening. Almost finished.”

Comments

Xun said…
A resolution of lifetime, a house of lifetime. Happy New Year!
Xun : Yes ... resolution of lifetime, a house of lifetime :-) BTW, how's the pregnancy. When is your due ? Happy new year too

Popular Posts