Dignity and Hope

It’s easy to feel I hopeful on a beautiful day like today, but there will be dark days ahead of us too, and they’ll be days where you fell all alone, and that’s when hope is needed most, no matter how buried it gets, or how lost you feel, you must promise me, that you will hold on to hope. Keep it alive, we have to be greater than what we suffer. My wish for you, is to become hope, people need that, and even if we fail, what better way is there to live. As we look around here today, and all the people who helped make us who we are, I know it feels like we’re saying goodbye, but we will carry a piece of each other, into everything we do next, to remind us who we are, and if we’re meant to be. I’ve had a great four years with you, I’ll miss you very much. - Gwen's speech at Amazing Spiderman 2


Somebody once said that writing can be one of the tools to mend the wound. But apparently in my case, it did not work, I could not choose the right words, the emotion, the wound suddenly come to the surface, even millions of memories suddenly lined up in the back, waiting to reveal it self, once I start my first sentence.

And suddenly I realized that actually I deceive myself, I did not allow myself to experience the pain, instead I buried all the feeling somewhere in the dark, in the corner, where only the Prince of Darkness could find it.

Only this time, I will not budge, not for a minute, I will deal with it, despite the pain took my whole energy.

As Gwen's said in her graduation speech, I have had great years with you and it's about the time to still hold on to hope. No matter how abstract the hope itself.

Comments

Popular Posts