Choices - Spiderman 3

Directed by Sam Raimi ; Screenplay by Raimi, Ivan Raimi and Alvin Sargent
Photographed by Bill Pope; edited by Bob Murawski ; ; Music by Christopher Young and Danny Elfman ; Production Design by Neil Spisak and J. Michael Riva
Produced by Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad and Grant Curtis

Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker
Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson
Peter Parker as Tobey Maguire
James Franco as Harry Osborn
Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko
Topher Grace as Eddie Brock
Rosemary Harris as Aunt May

............................................

Despite the intense action of my childhood hero; in my grown-up age I watch this movie in different angle. I learned two beautiful things in this movie, about a “revenge” and “choices”.

The meaning of those two words is not new; there is a lot of discussion about the impact of revenge and choices, but seeing that two words in the intense action movie, really could make me feel it differently.

All of us always have a choice to keep the revenge in our-self, to have a choice to be a bad or good person. Whatever the choice we made, at the end it always ourselves who will suffer or get the benefit.

Harry Osborn at the end made his last choices to be a good person, Flint at the end regret his choice not to follow Spiderman’s uncle advice which made he lost his opportunity to see his lovely daughter.

Spiderman …. He got his own lesson from his last battle ….

Happy ending ? Yes … hero always wins, but it’s always sad to loose someone that closes to us.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for visiting my other blog. Kalo mo adopt Chi & alergi, jgn adopt yang long-coat. Kalo udah adopt, upload ya fotonya, supaya aku bisa liat juga :)
Xun said…
Wow. Has Spiderman-3 already spun his web in Indonesia?

Too bad I have no time for real theatre movies. The good (great) news though is that my second daughther now has my full attention. That is my choice.

Long time no heard. So I thought I would drop by to report the news. How was the trip to NanJing?
gabrielle : Will try to follow your advice. BTW, I don't understand the "log-coat" :-)

Xun : Hi..finally 2nd daughter has come. Congrats. Will visit your blog. Have you post the beautiful lil daughter there ?

The trip to Nanjing was excellent. Too bad that I don't have time to explore the city. I went there for work, so .. don't have time to sight-seeing :-(

Popular Posts