A note of Valentine's Day - Dedicated to My Lovely Dogs

On the night of February 14, before I went home, one of my team asked me whether I will have my valentine’s dinner with my husband. I just laughed. Not because I forgot that yesterday was special day for lovers but because the first Valentine’s wishes I got was from my senior high school friends.
We were busy sending valentine’s e-card through our blackberry to each other, saying thank you for them who always be there for us. Friends where we shared our dream, our love story, and our broken hearted, without boundaries.
Remembering those old days made me smile, those days, valentine’s only for couples, not for friends. Roses, chocolate and pinky Teddy Bear were only for lovers not for friends. But since we were grown up people now, we realized that Valentine’s is for everyone, not only for lovers.
Valentine is an annual commemoration which held on February 14, celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. Valentine’s Day is named after one or more early Christian martyrs, Saint Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in  496 AD. It was deleted from the Roman calendar of saints in 1969 by Pope Paul VI. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery and sending greeting cards (known as ‘valentines’). The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages when the tradition of courtly love flourished.

Therefore because of the history of Valentine’s, in Indonesia, nowadays there are a lot of Moslem people do not celebrate Valentine. They’re prohibited to celebrate Valentine’s.

Well  ... I don’t want to write my thought about Moslem beliefs in Valentine, in contrary I just want to express my thought of unconditional love of my lovely dogs.

Early in the morning before all the wishes flew through blackberry messenger, my two dogs already expressed their love. Their morning kiss, their lovely eyes, their hug, really made me in heaven.

They never absent to do their morning ritual, they never mad at me, in fact, and they always express their love like people who just fall in love.


My Whitey, she always be at my side, accompany me wherever I go, she never let me go of her side even when I am taking shower, she must sit in front of the bathroom door like a guardian.



My Lady, early in the morning, she always greets me like we haven’t met for ages. Crying like a baby if I didn’t carry her. Even though she’s not like Whitey, accompany me wherever I go, but she also has to sit next to me when I’m watching a television. 


The way they look at me, always make me like in heaven. I  can see their love through their eyes, the unconditional love, like no one else in this world deserves their love. Only me – the only person in this world who deserves their love.

The worst part is we – human – tend to forget that Valentine’s actually is not only for human being but also for our lovely animal, who give us their conditional love. A friend that never let us go, that always care for us that always accept our selves no matter how worst we are. They always be there.

So, back to one of my team’s question .. I will say that I forgot to say Happy Valentine’s to my lovely dogs and I regret that I haven't prepare Valentine's dinner for them.

Happy Valentine's everyone ...

Comments

Popular Posts