Dinner

The dinner went well last night……

The speech from the COO was just an introduction and little bit of his working style. How he would challenge us through our plan. He told us that his common question is “are you business people or finance people”. The bottom line is we have to know every single details of the growth of our division, make the decision through the business people’s eye.

We all laughed when he mentioned that his day to day live would be from office to home, home – office. Occasionally he plays golf. His hobby to music. One of my colleagues could not stand to ask whether it is a good news or bad news. Because it means that we have to work long hours and have a meeting at karaoke…

I like the restaurant; it doesn’t look like the spooky “Roro Jongrang” except the food. It is slightly better than Roro Jongrang. Love the desert, banana fried with cheese and chocolate, mango ice ( share it with my friend ) but not the poffertjes ( Dutch kue cubit – I don’t know how to translate it to English ). The strawberry juice …. Hm …tasty.

Met my ex-boss, who’s now become the HR Director of one of foreign bank. Both of us were surprised. He looks younger than before. He told me that his child is in Cornel University taking engineering. When I introduced him to my HR Director, she told me that she already knew him. What a small world …..

Anyway …. I was happy with the dinner; finally I had a chance to meet with some of my colleagues that I’ve never seen. Have a chance to talk with them with interesting topic instead of boring one, Work.

The COO, as he mentioned in his speech, after the dinner finished – came from nowhere – suddenly showed in front of me and started his 1st question about my contact center division, about the incoming calls, the IVR, the new plan that I want to implement …

C’est la vie …. After the joy and relaxing time, comes the reality …

Comments

Anonymous said…
when a mother talks... hahaha...

just wanna say "hi"
hahaha...yes..when a mother talks. Thanks for stop by

Popular Posts