Rumi's and God


I tried to find Him on the Christian cross, but He was not there; I went to the Temple of the Hindus and to old pagodas, but I could not find a trace of Him anywhere.

I searched on the mountains and in the valleys but neither in the heights nor in the depths was I able to find Him.

I went to Cabba in Mecca, but He was not there either.

I questioned the scholars and philosophers but He was beyond their understanding.

I then looked into my heart and it was there where He dwelled that I saw Him; He was nowhere else to be found.


Jalaluddin Rumi, Founder of the Mawlawi Sufi Order (1207 – 1273)

Comments

What a nice poem!

I believe God isn't deformed as the name of any religions. It is our FAITH and A.R.K (one Act of Random Kindness) to others that makes us one step closer to find the solace.

Anyways, regarding your questions on my latest blog post; neah, of course not. I have no grudge to him. I forgave him, told ya! :) Thanks for the tip anyway! :D
Devi : Can't agree more than you. That's the reason I fall in love with Rumi when I first met him :-)

Popular Posts